jim fruchterman: rocket scientist, social entrepreneur, macarthur fellow
- Fruchterman, J. “Technology Serving Humanity,” in Creating Good Work: The World’s Leading Social Entrepreneurs Show How to Build a Healthy Economy, Palgrave Macmillan, 2013, pp. 145-51.
- Fruchterman, J. (March 2011). For Love or Lucre. In Stanford Social Innovations Review, Stanford University.
- Fruchterman, J. (2008). Developing Information Technology to Meet Social Needs. In Innovations, MIT Press.
- Emerson, J., Freundlich, T. & Fruchterman, J. (2006). Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained, Addressing the Critical Gaps in Risk-Taking Capital for Social Enterprise, published by Oxford Said Business School.
- Fruchterman, J. (2008). Accessing Books and Documents (chapter). In M.A. Hersh & M.A. Johnson (Eds.), Assistive technology for vision-impaired and blind people. Springer Verlag.
- Fruchterman, J., & Vanderheiden, G. (2007, June 17). Everyone deserves access to technology, online world. [Op-Ed] The Sacramento Bee, p. E1.
- Fruchterman, J. (2006). High Tech Approaches for Building Social Enterprise. In Social Enterprise Reporter.
- White Paper. Google Print and Accessibility, 2005.
- Fruchterman, J. (2004, March 31-April 6). Technology Benefiting Humanity. Ubiquity, 5. Retrieved March 29, 2008, from http://www.acm.org/ubiquity/views/v5i5_fruchterman.html.
- Fruchterman, J. (2003). In the Palm of Your Hand: A Vision of the Future of Technology for People with Visual Impairments. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 97(10), 585-591.
- Lingane, A., & Fruchterman, J. (2003, October). The Chafee Amendment: Improving Access to Information. Information Technology and Disabilities, 9(1). Retrieved March 29, 2008, from http://www.rit.edu/~easi/itd/itdv09n1/lingane.htm.
- Kerscher, G., & Fruchterman, J. (2002, June). The Soundproof Book: Exploration of Rghts Conflict and Access to Commercial EBooks for People with Disabilities. First Monday, 7(6). Retrieved March 29, 2008, from http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue7_6/kerscher/index.html.
- “Building a Global Library for People with Print Disabilities,” 2005, World Summit on the Information Society, Tunis.
- Fruchterman, J. (2006, November 13). Build Great Companies, Then Help Build a Great World [Op-Ed] The San Jose Mercury News.